Practice typing is important part that should be taken as journey. Just keep in mind, to have typing skill like a professional typist is not too difficult. We need to have confidence and typing skills. If we have these skills then we may type without seeing keyboard. The best way to practice typing is do it daily at home. If we don’t have computer then we may practice at our nearest shops like cafe or the shops which provide typing.
Let begin our practice typing
Try to practice typing with these simple methods
- Use all of our fingers.
- We need to know where to place our finger.
- Never see the keyboard while typing. We only need to remember what finger will do the typing
- Get more and more practices.
Below are the keys that should be press by our finger
Need to press with left hand:
- Index finger = 4 R F V 5 T G B
- Middle finger = 3 E D C
- Ring finger = 2 W S X
- Little finger = 1 Q A Z ` Tab “Caps Lock” “Left Shift” “Left Ctrl”
Need to press Right Hand:
- Index finger = 6 Y H N 7 U J M
- Middle finger = 8 I K ,
- Ring finger = 9 O L.
- While, little finger = – [ ] µ / \ = Backspace Enter “Right Shift” “Right Ctrl”
Practice Typing factors to remember
Before start to type, we can place our fingers in the right place. Just notice button F and J in our keyboard. We will see there is a kern below the letter. The kern is the place where our index finger should be. Put our left index finger in F and our right index finger in J.
The rest of our fingers should be:
- Left middle finger = D and the right middle finger = K
- Left ring finger = S and the right ring finger = L
- Left little finger = A and the right little finger = ;
Practice typing combination keys we should know
To combine keys alt, ctrl or shift with another key, we should notice where is the key in the left hand side or right hand side. For example, if we want to combine Ctrl + L, we should know where is the position of the L key. And from the keyboard position, we know that L is in the right side. So we must press left Ctrl using our left little finger and press L using right ring finger.